It does not mean that I will act like a petty dictator and reject the comments I disagree with. I will let the comment get posted if it means certain other criteria (more on that later). Of course do not be surprised if I respond to the comment. Everyone should feel free to respond to the comments of others as well as my postings. I relish controversy – let’s get it out in the open.
Please remember that this Blog is public and is searchable by “web crawlers” I believe that’s what they call them. Someone might correct me. The point is please do not post anything that you would not like to see on the front page of a newspaper, or “Breaking News” on CNN – well that’s going too far but you know what I mean!
The Blog is open to everyone including lawyers, investment analysts, employment consultants, actuaries, computer specialists, employee benefit specialists and others who might have a stake in the non-financial devils in the details. Please contact me with ideas. The contact me part can be found in my profile – click on the link.
I will respect confidentiality and I will look for explicit permission to post anything here that seems to be proprietary.
Here are some rules (guidelines really) that I will use when moderating comments:
1. Acceptance for publication of a posting is at the sole discretion of the moderator (me).
2. Submission of a comment is prima facie approval for publication in the public domain.
3. No responsibility will be taken for opinions, comments or accuracy of posted comments. (I will not vouch or verify the accuracy of comments)
4. No views on this site are to be taken as a professional opinion to be relied upon. The comments are “grist for the mill” in the debate.
5. No personal attacks on any individual, company or organization will be allowed. Polite disagreements are OK.
6. No spam is allowed.
7. No profanity is allowed.
8. Privacy and Confidentiality should be respected at all times
9. No overt self promotion (or through surrogates) will be allowed. This is a difficult call though. Postings should add to the debate in a meaningful way not simply be a reference to a firm’s or individual’s products or services for IFRS implementation without any other information (i.e. unpaid advertising).
10. Every effort will be made to ensure the accuracy of my postings. I am human and do make mistakes. If you believe that I have made an error in fact or omission please e-mail me (you can find the address in my profile). I will attempt to resolve the matter ASAP and correct postings or withdraw them as indicated. On the other hand, if you have a different interpretation from me please feel free or even compelled to post for further debate.
11. If you are posting here and information or comments come from the work of others I expect that the appropriate attribution be made to the author and source. (I will not be able to police this - it's on an honours system).
The above list, although exhausting, is not necessarily exhaustive. Please let me know if I have omitted anything. My apologies, but I believe that it is always a good practice to get this stuff out of the way so that the good stuff can begin.
Please note that the views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of any other person or organization.
Please fee free to share this Blog with others and click on the "Atom" link to sign up for automatic updates. You will need to scroll down to the end of the entries to find this link. Don't forget to comment!